Join us for a special evening, as our sommelier, Steffen Rasch, guides us through the history and wine making traditions of New York's Finger Lakes Wine Region — one of the fastest growing wine regions in the U.S. Already known for its razor-sharp dry Rieslings and savory Cabernet Francs, wine makers in this exciting, emerging region are continuing to push the envelope for what is possible to grow in this cool climate. Come and enjoy some great wines from some of the best producers paired with Champe's delicious cuisine.
Hermann J Wiemer Brut 2012
2014 Ravines Dry Riesling
Warm salad of local carrots, sultanas, Medjool dates, smoked yogurt, toasted cumin
Hector Wine Company Syrah 2015
Dry-aged duck breast, roasted squash, glazed celery root, crunchy grains, smoked gizzard, duck jus
Dr Frank Cabernet Franc 2013
Slow roasted venison tenderloin, poached quince, cauliflower and parsnip, venison sauce
Apres Late Harvest Vidal Blanc 2014
Roasted orchard fruit tartlet, caramel, anise hyssop
Communal and very limited seating. $95/person, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Please call 401.432.7422 to reserve.
(Please notify us of any dietary restrictions/allergies when you call.)
An integral part of the Persimmon team, Steffen has vastly expanded and elevated our wine program. He's responsible for curating our ever-growing list, conducting staff training, and pairing wines with the menu. Not only is he incredibly passionate, but he also brings with him a wealth of knowledge and years of experience in the industry.
MORE ABOUT STEFFEN:
* Certified Sommelier, Court of Master Sommeliers (obtained in 2013)
* Certified Specialist of Wine, Society of Wine Educators (obtained in 2011)
* Certified with WSET (Wine & Spirits Education Trust (2011)
* Two years of retail experience
* Specialized in NY Finger Lakes & France's Loire
* Founder of Providence Wine Academy
* Founder of Providence based Certified Sommelier Advanced Wine Tasting Group