"One of the biggest pleasures of being the Wine Director at Persimmon is sourcing unique and delicious food friendly wines from otherwise unknown regions and bringing them to your dinner table. I recently identified a batch of wines, all of which are personal favorites of mine, that either do not fit into the usual 'regional focus' or are new wines from regions already covered. Among the wines that will be poured is a Trousseau-based sparkling wine from France's Jura region, a Swiss white wine made from Fendant, a luscious Condrieu, and a rustic Sagrantino di Montefalco -- just to name a few. Don't miss this opportunity to taste some unique wines -- as always paired with a multi-course menu created by Champe Speidel."
Communal and very limited seating. 6:30 p.m. $125/person, including tax and gratuity.
Please click here to reserve.
An integral part of the Persimmon team, Steffen has vastly expanded and elevated our wine program. He's responsible for curating our Wine Spectator Award-winning list, conducting staff training, and pairing wines with the menu. Not only is he incredibly passionate, but he also brings with him a wealth of knowledge and years of experience in the industry.
MORE ABOUT STEFFEN:
* Certified Sommelier, Court of Master Sommeliers (obtained in 2013)
* Certified Specialist of Wine, Society of Wine Educators (obtained in 2011)
* Certified with WSET (Wine & Spirits Education Trust (2011)
* Two years of retail experience
* Specialized in NY Finger Lakes & France's Loire
* Founder of Providence Wine Academy
* Founder of Providence based Certified Sommelier Advanced Wine Tasting Group